Back to Top
Location Boca Raton, Florida
Mizner Park occupies the site of what was once a failed 36 acre retail mall constructed in the 1970s. Through a clever and committed public-private partnership between Crocker Partners and the Boca Raton Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA), Mizner Park was envisioned as a way to establish a “downtown” for the city of Boca Raton. Cited by many to be the first of its kind, the private-public partnership created a mechanism for financing and maintaining the development as well as allowing for public amenities and community spaces.
Centered around the grand outdoor “Plaza Real” are numerous mixed-use buildings that integrate office and retail space, apartments, townhouses, cinemas, restaurants, museums, and a Center for the Arts complex. Parking for over 2,500 vehicles is accessible along the street and in adjacent structures. In the three decades since its opening, Mizner Park has become a case study for large-scale, mixed-use re-development in its concept, financing and design and has established Boca Raton as a Florida sustainable city.
- American Institute of Architects, Washington, DC Chapter, Award for Excellence in Architecture
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, National Best Mixed-Use Facility
- National Mall Monitor Magazine, Award for Open-Air Center
- NAIOP South Florida, Best Mixed-Use Award
- Mall Monitor's Best New Open Center
- Metropolitan at Midtown
- Mizner Park
- Mylan Corporate Campus
- North Bethesda Town Center
- Oakville Triangle