At Cooper Carry, mixed-use is a mindset, less a combination of building types and more a vision of a built world that is more than the sum of its individual parts. Places where structures are created to help individuals thrive and are considered together as an environment, so that community and society can bloom. An opportunity for urban revitalization.
We are experts at the complex architecture of mixed-use design, deftly integrating residential buildings, office buildings, hotels, restaurants, retail and public spaces to create walkable urban developments. Our firm has designed legendary mixed-use projects that stand the test of time like Bethesda Row and Mizner Park, and we continue to innovate and lead with such projects as Capitol View in Nashville, new additions to Las Olas in Ft. Lauderdale, RiverPlace in Greenville, SC, Midtown Union in Atlanta, and Carlyle Crossing in Alexandria, VA.
We come to the table with the unique ability to be head in the clouds (with eyes on experience and environment over building use), and feet on the ground (acting as champions for the requirements and singularities of each building type). Our goal: Create experiences that intrinsically benefit life; places to be, not just places to go. Here's the very latest on our mixed-use development design work:
- Charlotte Skyline to Change with 31-story $600mm Mixed-Use Tower in South End
- Want to Live Above a Wegman's? Take A Look at Alexandria's Carlyle Crossing
- How Density Can Save the American Suburb
- New Designs Show Sweeping Overhaul of Old Town North Block
- Designing Grocery Stores for Mixed-Use Environments
- Howard University to Create National Center for Health Disparities (mixed-use project)
- Stiles Completes the Main Las Olas in Ft. Lauderdale
- Mixed-Use Project to Replace Atlanta Food Truck Park
- Third Tower of Midtown Mixed-Use Project Tops Out
- Chesterfield EDA Eyes Mixed-Used Property at Spring Rock Green in Virginia
- 1000 Spring Mixed-Use Development Breaks Ground in Midtown